Tuesday 15 March 2011

Lets get through pre-season! (July/August) Part 1

Now that I have finally got some sleep, lets get on with the real business. Right. So after evaluating my squad I've got a couple of problems. Juan Manuel Vargas my well rounded Peruvian winger will be struggling to be fit for the opening game of Serie A against Udinese on August 28th. Also Adam Ljaljic and Mario Santana are out for longer periods of time but I consider Vargas' injury to be the one the team could really do without. I am very excited about having Khouma Babacar in my squad because as you will see in a moment, he is only 17 years old and he is already dominant in the air (Look at Jumping and Heading) plus his physical attributes suggest that with a bit of nurturing he will be a serious force in Serie A.

Click to enlarge

Here is the squad overview for your interest.



Click to enlarge
I don't believe I need to improve my squad, based on my assistants' report and with my own analysis. This may prove to be a wise tactic to employ because, who knows, the board may decide to throw me a couple of million on top of my 7.5m.

Looking at this team I have decided to use the 4-4-2 system, with the wingers pushing up to provide extra attacking width. I will not have a settled starting eleven until we face Real Madrid in mid August.

In other news, my midfielder Daniel Kofi Agyei (18) has instructed his agent to ask me for a new contract, which I was more than happy to provide...

I have signed Roberto Baggio as a scout because he is a Viola icon and has good scouting skills (15 pot, 15 cur)

Stay tuned for the entire pre-season results and performance analysis...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG I LOVE YOU ! XXXXX

Crouchy said...

we want more ! we want more !