Thursday 17 March 2011

Fiorentina v Udinese Serie A match 1

Hey Folks, Clemoza back for your Football Manager pleasure!

Well last time out we finished pre-season with Real Madrid away, a 1-0 loss but Fiorentina having the lion's share of possession. Plenty of positives to take from the Bernabeau to Udinese for the Serie A curtain raiser. Inter Milan have offered 2 million for co-ownership of Ryder Matos, and for good reason, Matos has been exceptional during pre season creating chances and scoring them to. Bags of potential for a 17 year old, already representing Brazil at under 20 level.

At the pre-match press conference at the Artemio Franchi. I was asked whether I was fully prepared for my first ever Serie A game as Fiorentina manager, I replied we have had a great pre season and we are well prepared for getting the win on Saturday! Also the press suggested that I would adopt a defensive approach against Udinese in fear of loosing. All I had to say was, I am not scared of any teams' attacking threat, and I certainly don't doubt my defences' ability to deal with any opposition they face.

We arrive at the Friuli, Udine at about 18:00 for a 20:45 kick off. The sunset is picturesque, but we aren't here for the view. As the floodlights switch on. La Viola are in their zone, all week preparation has been the buzz word. My philosophy is that a well prepared team cannot lose. The only team news tonight is that Alessandro Gamberini has a 2 match ban carried over from the last game of the 2009/2010 season. So we are without our best centre back. This is why I purchased Seba Bassong, 45 minutes before kick off I announce my Starting line up and bench.


First Half: The first 20 minutes are all Udinese, they have most of the possession but I'm glad my side are limiting them to shots from range. 21 minutes gone and Di Natale fires from 25 yards, pushed away by Frey only to the waiting Alexis Sanchez ready to finish Cooley. 1-0 Udinese. Immediately after on 23 minutes, Khouma Babacar cracks the underside of the bar after belting the ball from 20 yards, so close. 33 minutes gone and it's gone from bad to worse, Antonio Di Natali finishes a wonderful move that started from their own 18 yard box. 2-0. Some players will be having a word or two off me at half time. Half time 2-0

OFF: Riccardo Montolivo, Pasqual       ON: Dan Kofi Agyei, Valron Behrami

Second Half: 30 seconds in and Cerci puts Gilardino through 1 on 1 nutmegs, the keeper to make it 2-1!!! my words have had some impact! Both keeper make world class saves as the match goes on, 75 minutes, Ryder Matos makes his Serie A debut replacing D'Agostino as I switch to a 4-3-3. 80 minutes and Vargas passes to Babacar, he turns his man but has another laying in wait, he threads Matos into the clear, but all he can do is fire at the feet of the Udinese Goalkeeper. It finishes 2-1 and I know Udinese is no easy place to come, but I was expecting more.

Also tonight AC Milan drew at home to Bari 2-2

No comments: